In 2026, English Studies will become an excellent study program in providing world-class higher education with strong commitment and integrity in producing quality human resources in the field of English language and literature in local and global contexts, as well as adaptive to changes.
- Organizing the Teaching and Learning Process in the field of English linguistics, literature studies, and translation by developing effective and efficient methods and media according to the requirements of the curriculum that applies;
- Developing research to support teaching and learning process materials, linguistics advancement, English literature, and translation;
- Developing community service activities on national, regional and international scales;
- Implementing education management by applying the principles of quality assurance using the principles of transparency, participation, and accountability; and
- Maintaining strategic cooperative relationships with national and international partners on an ongoing basis.
- To produce graduates who are competent in communicating using English according to the English principles;
- To produce graduates who are competent in linguistic studies; English literature and translation with national and international competitiveness;
- To produce graduates who are able to participate in national, regional, and international levels;
- To produce graduates who are able to analyze and explain English literary works in various genres by using several theories/methods/approaches of literary studies and link them to global sociocultural issues;
- To produce graduates who are able to apply linguistic methods, approaches and theories, interact with other fields of science, and understand the developments and trends of the latest linguistic research at local, national, and international levels;
- To produce graduates who are skilled in translating and investigating oral and written translations related to commercial, academic, legal, and literary texts at local, national, and international levels by paying attention to social, cultural, and national insights;
- To organize researches that support teaching and learning process materials, linguistic advancements, English literature, and translation;
- To realize the development of community service activities on national, regional, and international scales;
- To implement education management by applying the principles of quality assurance using the principles of transparency, participation, and accountability, and;
- To realize strategic cooperation with national and international partners on an ongoing basis.
- The realization of a Study Program with international standards of higher education management supported by a quality curriculum and having national and international competency standards;
- The availability of graduates with an average study completion in 8 semesters with an average GPA of 3.30 and having a comprehensive understanding of English literature and linguistics with scientific developments on national, regional and international scales;
- The achievement of integration between learning, research, and community service in a quality learning curriculum that is beneficial for the development of the study program, government, and society;
- The increase of the number of faculty members’ publications and scientific work citations in national or international journals;
- The publishing of journals of scientific research results that are disseminated at national and international seminars at least twice a year;
- The publishing of textbooks and reference books written by faculty members of the English Studies Program at least two titles in a year;
- The involvement of groups of students and faculty members in Community Outreach (Pengabdian Kepada Masyarakat) activities annualy;
- The implementation of an education management system with the principle of quality assurance of higher education in input, process and output based on laws and regulations, vision, mission, and basic values of Universitas Padjadjaran;
- The increase of public knowledge about academic activities/scientific works/achievements of the English Studies Program, internally at Universitas Padjadjaran as well as nationally and internationally;
- The development and improvement of cooperation with the community, professional associations and government institutions at least one cooperation in a year, and;
- The development of research programs that are regionally, nationally, and internationally oriented.